Here are a few ideas for new or gently used items needed to enhance Center programs. If you have an item to donate, please contact the coordinator listed before bringing it to the Center. Sometimes we get more items than we need and we simply don’t have staff to run unneeded items to The Salvation Army or the Goodwill. Thank you!
- Reading books (levels 1-8)
- Set of current encyclopedias
- Gift certificates to Borders Books, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- Dictionaries and Thesauruses
- Card / Board Games
- Multi-disc CD player
Food Bank Items:
Non perishable items only
- Breakfast Cereals
- Peanut butter
- Soup mix or canned soup
- Instant potatoes/rice
- Gift card to grocery store
New or gently used, for children ages 5-17
- Winter Attire –Coats, mittens, gloves, hats, scarves
- Snow pants
- Light Jackets
- T-shirts/polo shirts
- School Shoes/Sneakers
- Fleece Material to make blankets/scarves
- Craft Supplies-markers, construction paper, scrapbooking paper, glue, scissors, etc.
- General art supplies
- Composition Notebooks
- 3-Ring Binder
- Filler paper
- Pens, pencils, highlighters
- Ruler, calculator,
Hygiene products for boys & girls
- shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, feminine products
Thank you for donating whatever items you can!
A tax receipt will be issued for each contribution. The Hockessin Community Center is a non-profit agency.
Your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the tax code.